Many people think that owning your home is ‘investing’ in property and enough. Others choose to buy an investment property or more, as well owning a principal place of residence (PPR). Financial planners and advisers usually recommend including real estate in your investment strategy. Your choices:
- invest directly in property, or
- indirectly through real estate investment trusts (REITs) or similar structures
Our BiG Guide #3.1 Property Investing How to start investing in real estate gives you an overview. So you can choose whether or not, and how, to include property in your portfolio. And whether you invest:
- directly or indirectly – BiG Guide #4.1Share Investing| How to get started investing in shares will also help you decide for yourself
- on your own, or with the help of property investment professionals, buyers agents, real estate agents
- on your own, or with the help of a financial planner or others in the superannuation and investment industries
I hope this post has given you some ideas on whether or not real estate investing might be for you. Feel free to share this post with friends, family or others you think may be interested in it.
All the very best with your investing.