They say: ” … established as a not-for-profit organisation in 1960 to protect and advance the interests of investors. [It] has been successful in raising the standard of corporate governance in Australian companies. [It] continues to press for improvements in transparency and accountability in … company performance, executive remuneration, treatment of minority shareholders, risk management and dividend policy. The ASA liaises extensively with other bodies such as regulators, lawmakers, industry groups and accounting bodies. [It] … represents its members’ views on a number of accounting and financial industry bodies … and is also conducting very cost-effective adult education workshops aimed at improving members’ financial literacy.”
- What should you spend your time, energy and money on? Some tips for making better investing choices.
- Our Christmas gift to you from Australia’s ‘top financial columnist’.
- Business Start Ups| Entrepreneurship| Mark Bouris and Me – OMG?!
- Advisers say you should have property in your investment portfolio. How?
- BiG’s green guru Mark Bouris launches guru!