Andrea Davies, Founder and CEO of Best investment GurusSharing my research and experience, so you can make better decisions
What I do and why I do it
What inspires and motivates people, how do money, success and happiness interact – have always interested me. How we live, interact, and influences on what we spend our time, energy and money on. I’ve been to the business, property, share, and personal development seminars. I’ve read the books and visited the endless websites out there. I’ve walked on coals, broken an arrow (blunt!) on my neck and done other crazy things – all in the name of research! But often hit walls – so much misleading information, no central, reliable source that honestly and objectively reviews investment options and advisers.
I decided to create a website where people looking to change their lives and find information on money, finance and investing, advice and advisers to suit them. My difference – I’m independent, impartial and transparent.
A lot of the hard work of researching investment advisers has already been done for you. And there is so much information, tools and tips that experts share for free. I’ve collated investment information, experience, advice and advisers (‘gurus’) that I’ve found, used, or that other investors have told me about.
My Traffic Light system helps you quickly see how I rate them and their claims and strategies, so you can decide for yourself if you’re interested in what they offer. My BiG Directory helps you see the broad services you might need – money, finance and investment services (financial planners, real estate agents …) and other types of providers.
My goal is to help you find not only the ‘who’s who’ in the investment world – but your Best investment Gurus.
My story and qualifications
Growing up in Pt Augusta, a country town in SA with folks known for their ‘no BS’ mentality, I didn’t always follow the ‘norm’. My entrepreneurial spirit saw me setting up a cordial and comic stall at the age of 8.
This grew my determination to always be self-sufficient and I learnt that if I wanted something, I’d work for it.
Supporting myself through university as I studied to become a Lawyer, I worked as a Registered Nurse in numerous hospitals and nursing homes in Adelaide.
One of the biggest lessons I’ve learnt from spending time with people from a range of cultures and backgrounds (especially in nursing), is that many people are so busy surviving day to day, that they aren’t living the life they dreamt of.
My passion over the years grew to helping people find happiness, which often revolves around money and investing success. I love hearing stories, and sharing tips (and mistakes) on who, why, what, how and when to, or not to invest.
Here’s a quick rundown of my qualifications and experience:
- Registered Nurse, Lawyer (LLB Adelaide University, GDLP SAIT), MBA (University of SA), Cert IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
- Supreme Court Judge’s Associate
- Legal practice in general commercial litigation
- Training manager of a large legal practice
- Work at a community legal service
- 13+ years of lecturing, training and workplace assessment in Management, Real Estate, Marketing and Business Law
- Adapting documentation for TAFE SA for real estate industry qualifications and online delivery
- 20+ years researching investing options in business, real estate, shares, superannuation and wealth creation
- Built a substantial property portfolio and, together with my husband Greg (with over 28 years of commercial law and legal practice management experience), set up and manage our self-managed superannuation fund
- Extensive travel and living overseas, and throughout Australia
Find the courage to create a great bucket list and start ticking it off
spending your money
What area of life, money and investing will you explore?
Get your own independent financial advice tailored to your specific needs before taking any financial or investing action.
Conduct your own independent research on ‘gurus’ or other experts. Any hyperlinks to or quotes from any third parties are provided for reference only, their comments or opinions aren’t endorsed, adopted, or otherwise approved by BiG.
If you disagree with or dispute any of the content or materials referenced by BiG, contact us to share your concerns. We welcome feedback.